Cyclical Nature of Things // Progress


It definitely needs to be cropped but I think I want to go with a very serene and calm concept since a lot of the pictures I took make me feel this way. I want this central image to be my main focus since it reminded me a lot of the Sistine Chapel and I thought it would be fun to play that imagery. I think I want to add in some celestial bodies in the form of food but after speaking with Ed, I'm not super sure about adding them. Obviously, I'll still play around with the idea and if I like it I'll probably change my entire concept. 
I may be thinking a little ahead before I get my images ready but I really want to make this piece similar to a riso poster since I love using the risograph and it makes me happy. I think I'll try and limit my palette to simple colors, probably 4.

 

Comments

  1. You know, you might be told to add more to the background, but I really like empty space in this image. If you're going for a calm, serene feeling, that empty space with the bright blue sky captures just that. Maybe you could add more subject matter in front of the background or put some sort of filter on the background to add some interest, but I like the idea of having a simple background like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani,
    I don't think you really need to add anything to the background. I think the image is strong as it is, and the bright colors pose a nice contrast against the background. I definitely feel serene and calm while looking at this. I think this is great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dani! I love the balance of colors in this peace, and i think the lack of background allows for a stronger and more powerful composition. I'm really interested to see if you choose to add something new in, or if you play more with effects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts